Monday, August 9, 2010

XLIBRIS is synonymous to the word STRESS


Where else can we find a company that gives fat paychecks to their employees without requiring them to wear casual getups? Where else but Xlibris!

Xlibris is a publishing services provider so the company doesn’t just print books, it also offers copyediting and marketing services to their customers (who are mostly authors).
This is the reason why I applied here. I wanted to get myself more acquainted with the publication process since I also dreamt of publishing my own book someday. So, I went there on a Friday afternoon after having second thoughts of signing the job offer from Convergys. I went to the TGU tower and immediately proceeded to the sixth floor. I then filled out a form, took an essay exam and underwent a series of interviews later on and then I got hired.

I stayed with the company for two weeks and then I quit. Why? It was because I felt sick and tired one day and staying there for another week would be suicidal. Though I have already established a good relationship with my wavemates, I could NOT withstand the stressful training. I could NOT imagine myself bringing a thick file of handouts for weeks. I could NOT stand the company’s traditional way of escalating or transferring the calls. I could NOT take the short-tempered trainer.

Although, I got a really good grade for the first week , the succeeding week was a roller coaster ride! And I thought that I could not really keep the momentum so I submitted my resignation letter. I told them I was sick and that I didn’t want to cause any inconvenience to the company. Yeah, I know I lied; good thing, I was able to convince them. I realized how good I am. I really am a good writer and a good actor as well!! Hahahaha!


Well, I do not want to say anything bad against the company. But my experience made me realize that I should never ever be aggressive again when it comes to decision making. I realized that I should never ever rush again when making critical choices. I am just a little upset though with what happened to my paycheck. My trainer told me that I should still be able to get my paycheck a week after my last day but when I recently followed up on my check, she was suddenly singing a different tune and told me it would be available a month later.

To those people out there who want to earn a monthly compensation of Php 22,000, you should go to Xlibris. But, I tell you, it will be one hell of a ride!


Quick Facts:

Basic Monthly Compensation: Php 22, 000.00 (taxable and inclusive of night differential and Saturdays)

Work Schedule : 48 hours per week (that is, Monday to Saturday)

Location : 6th Floor TGU Tower, Cebu Asiatown IT Park, Salinas Drive Corner JM Del Mar St. Apas, Lahug, Cebu City

3 comments:

  1. I am such a loser!!! And I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ur not, no one is... move on.. nice writing my friend... focus and develop that talent.. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks te ching....hope to see you soon and good luck to all your plans in life!!

    ReplyDelete