Monday, August 9, 2010

SUBIC


I don’t consider myself an adrenaline junkie but I really love doing stuffs that make my adrenaline rush. I love engaging myself in stuffs like zipline, wall climbing, mountain biking, rapelling, tree drop, free fall and all those sorts. So, one day, when I and my coworkers decided to go to Subic, there was only one thing in my head –Aussie style tree drop.

It took a little over an hour when we reached the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport via Cebu Pacific. From the airport, we went to the Dau Terminal and there we took a jeepney going to the Venezia Hotel.

It was around 7:00 or 8:00 pm when we reached the hotel. And boy, we were surprised (almost shocked) when we got there. The hotel looked eerie, in fact, almost haunted from the façade. It was similar to those haunted houses we see in horror movies but we had no other choice. We barely had the time to look for another hotel. So we went in and checked in. Surprisingly, we were the only visitors that time so it made us scared all the more. Good thing, the attendant was thirtysomething. Her teeth were complete and she didn’t look as if just had a raw flesh for dinner. After scrutinizing the place for a couple of minutes, we went to the room. Took a half bath. And slept like a log.

We made it to the next day. We were alive. No body part was mutilated. Though, everyone woke up as if they had been possessed by some unknown entities, we thought we just needed a shower.

From the hotel, we took a jeepney and went straight to that restaurant where there was huge red bee near the front door (no one seemed to admit that we had a breakfast in Jollibee). Anyway, after taking our beakfast, we took another ride going to the Sta. Rita gate and then took another ride going to Ocean Adventure.

It was a really nice place. We went to see the sea lion first. The creature was really cute and was really smart. It performed different tricks which made us and the rest of the audience really happy. Then we went to the Eco Theather where we got the chance to see the snakes, monkeys, bats, purcupines and many more. Afterwards, we went to the Seaside Stadium and there we were wowing the whole time. We were amazed with how those dolphins executed their tricks almost flawlessly and effortlessly. I wanted to have a photo taken with me kissing a dolphin but it was too expensive and there were too many people on queue.

From Ocean Adventure, we went to Zoobic Safari. There, we witnessed more animals. We really enjoyed the place especially that part when we got the chance to see a huge tiger close enough while riding a red tiger-proof vehicle.

After seeing the animals, we decided to go for the tree top adventures. That was when my day literally started. I wanted to go for the free fall but it was not available that time so I went for the interactive free fall with my wavemates Glady and Mermer. It was just a very awesome experience. It is soooo awesome that whenever I recall it, the sensation seems to be in me again. I guess this is also the reason why I want to go back in Subic. And I swear to myself that I will definitely try all the tree top adventures once I get back there. Hopefully later this year.

7 comments:

  1. nice katawa ko sa haunted house, pero from dau we went to olongapo terminal (subic)then jeep but not to venezia hotel - forgot the name

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Cliff ang name sa hotel. It's god to know that you really enjoy Earl :). Yeah I like the free fall (like to watch you ra diay!ehehe). Hope to see you more on our trip. Palawan na pod ang next destination? Hmmm lets just wait for some promo incebu pac..

    ReplyDelete
  3. my bad weng...hehehe...pataka lang ko og yawyaw...hehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ anthy - cge, wala pa baya ko kaadto sa palawan...hehehe...kuyog ko...tell me when...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it...you told us you are just going to subic...but you also went to Baguio...ikaw ha?! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. TO coz, alangan...hihi...but you and your BF should go here...

    ReplyDelete